Who are we?
Size of Wales provides funding and expertise to local and indigenous communities in tropical regions, to support them to secure and sustain their precious forests. We also raise awareness in Wales of the importance of tropical forests and trees in tackling climate change.
What will we do for you?
- We will enhance your topic with an exciting and engaging workshop
- We will enable your pupils to become “ethical, informed citizens of Wales and the world” through fun, practical activities.
- You will receive FREE resources designed in line with the new curriculum.
Select from one of the following workshops (2 X 1 hour) or we are happy to adapt them to suit your needs:
- Forest Elephant workshop (Foundation phase)
- Rainforests & Deforestation workshop (Year 2 -Year 6)
- Climate Change workshop (Year 2- Year 6)
- Size of Wales Forest School workshops (All)
- Floating Garden Challenge (Practical climate change activity for Yr 5/6)
What happens next:
- Step 1: Book your limited free workshop by emailing [email protected]
- Step 2: An exciting parcel will arrive at your school which will include an introductory video and an activity pack with a range of engaging resources.
- Step 3: Our experienced outreach officers will deliver an inspiring and interactive workshop in person or online
- Step 4: You will receive resources designed for pupils’ to develop their literacy, numeracy and DCF skills, whilst broadening their understanding of global environmental issues
- Step 5: At the end of your topic, we will visit again, either in person or virtually to see what you have learnt and celebrate your achievements.